1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor, San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 16, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

From ACES ...
    Date: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:43 am ((PDT))

The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, Calif., is seeking a full-time copy editor. We are a McClatchy
    newspaper on California's Central Coast.

This position will work three shifts on the sports desk and two on the news copy desk.
    Successful applicant will have at least one year's experience at a daily newspaper, strong
    editing skills and will have the ability to write accurate, inviting headlines. In addition,
    applicants must be able to lay out news pages in Quark.

The Tribune is looking for an individual with initiative who will welcome challenges and the
    opportunity for growth. San Luis Obispo is a terrific environment in which to live and work.
    We are located halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, seven miles from the Pacific
    Ocean.

To apply send resume, samples of your work that reflect the breadth and depth of your
    abilities, and a brief statement as to why we should hire you to: Human Resources, The
    Tribune, P.O. Box 112, San Luis Obispo, CA 93406.

Or send e-mail to: dgoetz@thetribunenews.com

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

from our friends at city data:

Estimated median household income in 2006:
    San Luis Obispo $37,800

Estimated median house/condo value in 2006:
    San Luis Obispo $704,300

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wonder what rentals go for?

For that matter, I wonder if this position still exists after the most recent McClatchy bloodletting.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

A. i knew a cat that worked desk there. hell, he still might. he lived about 40 minutes north of SLO because he couldn't afford a rental.

B. i dunno. e-mail HR. i understand HR folks can be very accusatory at first, but awfully accepting later.

5. thebigd

thebigd Member

beautiful area guys.. apartments are available.. college town so you can't jack those prices up too much or you will be vacant

Draft saved Draft deleted