1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy Editor/Page Designer in Pensacola, Fla.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by GeorgeMoore, Nov 10, 2006.

1. GeorgeMoore

GeorgeMoore Member

Well, we have another opening. Joe Z. -- our outstanding do-it-all, fan-favorite, new daddy and more -- has taken a job with a ... well, we'll keep that a secret for his reputation's sake. Let's just say Joe will be home every night with a fatter bank account. Not one of us would pass that one up.

So that leaves me with another opening to fill. This one is key. Joe filled a vital role in the department. Not only did he design and edit pages each night, but he coordinated our outdoors coverage. He was the Hook, Line & Sinker guy.

Now, I'm not looking for a fishing expert, but I do want someone who will roll up his or her sleeves each night. You can't be afraid to get a little dirty. We take a lot of game calls and write a lot of briefs/roundups, but we have a good time.

So, if you think you can fit in with a young, energetic staff -- our average age is about 30 -- and handle a healthy workload, send me an e-mail with your resume, some pdfs and references. We're looking to move quickly on this.

Obvious requirements: 3 years experience at a daily designing section fronts, flair for design, not afraid to try something f-in crazy, good editor who reads wire copy with the same intensity as local stuff and doesn't mind living near the beach within 5 hours of Biloxi, New Orleans and Atlanta.

Note about previous post: We still have an opening for ASE and writer/desk. The ASE will be filled ASAP, while the writer/desk position will remain open until after the copy editor/designer is filled.

gmoore@pnj.com

Draft saved Draft deleted