1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copy editor/designer at Savannah Morning News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 5RunHomer, Jan 14, 2011.

1. 5RunHomer

5RunHomer New Member

The Savannah Morning News is looking for a copy editor/page designer. You would work on the universal desk with shifts in sports. I work at the SMN now and have a few days a week on sports, with shifts on the front page, local and business sprinkled in just to give you all an idea. I've worked here for a little less than a year now and have nothing but great things to say about the people who work here and the city itself. Anyone interested can contact Libby Roerig (copy desk chief) at elizabeth.roerig@savannahnow.com or Anita Hagin (assistant managing editor) at anita.hagin@savannahnow.com.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

2. ARR

ARR New Member

I'm a former desker here. Questions? PM me.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I interviewed for a similar job at the SMN a couple years ago when I was looking to move down into the Coastal Empire. Didn't get the job (c'est la vie), but did have a pretty positive experience. It was a day-long interview -- sat in on budget meetings, did various tests, taken out to lunch by a couple guys on the sports crew, etc.

The SMN headquarters are a regular palace compared to some of the other newspaper offices I've been to. Front lobby is decorated with wrought-iron gates to emulate the downtown area.

Draft saved Draft deleted