1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cops investigating Drew Doughty rape allegations

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sea Bass, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Wow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/hockey/nhl/06/20/kings.drew.doughty.rape.ap/index.html?xid=siextra_062012

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

For some reason I couldn't get the link to open. Just today, SI arrived with a post-Cup story on him.

Wow +1.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Was just about to post that.

The sub-head on the story may wind up being true for reasons other than SI meant:

"In a showdown for purists only, Drew Doughty led L.A. to the title and emerged as the game's best defenseman. But next season he may not get to play."

4. mb

mb Active Member

Could have sworn I read something last night that said the investigation was over and there would be no charges.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

His lawyer told the LAT he doesn't expect the DA to file charges.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/06/la-kings-drew-doughty-investigated-for-alleged-sexual-assault.html

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Lots more details here. Alleged situation took place March 1.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_20892546/prosecutors-review-womens-sexual-assault-allegation-against-kings?IADID=Search-www.dailybreeze.com-www.dailybreeze.com

7. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

What, exactly, is so "wow" about this story? Sounds like your normal run of the mill he said/she said. If he supposedly shoved her into a cab (after rejecting his advances INSIDE a bar, BTW that's also kidnapping, where's the charge for that?) and took her home, where are the witnesses? SOMEONE had to see it.

::)

There's a woman with her priorities in order.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Seems like a really odd thing for her to be worried about on March 1 considering how the Kings' season was going and where they ended up seeded. But maybe the fix is in on the NHL too, and she knew about it.

9. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

As I indicated, couldn't open the link. Hadn't heard a peep prior. The "wow" factor for me is a newly-crowned Stanley Cup champion and arguably the NHL's best defenseman is caught up in this mess.

A very timely mess.

Wow.

10. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

Eh. I guess I'm not as easily amused.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Serve him right, trying to bang a Devils fan.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Amused? Yeah, it's absolutely bloody hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted