1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cop in Arkansas tasers 10 year old girl.....with mother's permission

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

No, but kicking a cop in the junk probably is.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't believe a parent would think to do that or that a cop would actually respond. The sad part is that wasn't even close to the most idiotic thing done in this story.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Putting your hands on a 10-year-old kid who is having a meltdown is a wise move, guaranteed to reassure them and turn around their behavior immediately.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He didn't respond to a complaint about junk kicking. He responded to a complaint about a 65 lb little girl throwing a temper tantrum over bedtime. This story is just ludicrous.

5. outofplace

Exactly. And Ace raises a good point. The officer obviously has no idea what he is doing in dealing with children. When a kid is at that point in a tantrum, you do NOT get close without protecting the family jewels.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Don't they have riot shields for just this type of situation?

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Concede that. I'm just thinking of a particular case when I say that. Custody decisions can be incredibly stupid. But, clearly, I know nothing about this particular case.

8. mb

mb Active Member

You're right. The father should have just taken the kid outside and put a bullet in her head.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Since this happens with some regularity in custody cases, I don't think this is too awful funny.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I don't think it was wrong for the cop to respond. The mother was having a problem with the daughter. The cop should have responded so that tempers wouldn't explose and to try to de-escalate the situation. Obviously, tazing her wasn't that.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Kids have tantrums. Unless she was hurting herself, others or destroying stuff, I don't think you need to call the cops because your elementary school kid won't go to bed.

You let her cry herself out then stick her in her room.

12. outofplace

Exactly.

Draft saved Draft deleted