1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cool (unless you're him) Nationwide golf meltdown

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SF_Express, Mar 30, 2007.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

Playing in Myrtle Beach one day, I hit my second shot on a par 5 that was right on the OB line -- we tried and tried to figure out if it was in or out. finally, I decide to play a provisional and the orginal and figure it out later. I made 9 with the provisional and 11 with the original. I was very tired when I finished the hole. Luckily, the round got rained out. Remains one of the most embarrassing times on a golf course -- right up there with the time my putter somehow found a watery grave and another time my sand wedge ended up in a lake while playing with my dad.
    He was pretty calm -- he simply said, if you don't get that wedge out of the lake, you will never play golf on my tab again.
    I got it out.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Not me. I seriously cannot relate at all.

I've never been one under in a round of golf. :-\

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Have you seen the course the Nationwide Tour is playing on this week?

Greg Norman design.

Good God.

A simply brutal track.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

[​IMG]

SKINNER!!!!!!!!!!

5. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I think once he tried to hit the original ball once, returning to the tee was out as an option.

And if you saw the setup of the whole deal, you'd see how hard it was to find a place do drop while keeping that spot between him and the whole.

It was just a tough deal.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

well played

7. EE94

EE94 Guest

if you are shooting nine and 11s, then why even bother with the debate about whether its OB or not. If I'm playing behind you, just hit the freakin' ball if you can find it.

There's nothing worse than playing with hackers who, after finally making it to the green, line up their putts as if it's the back nine at Augusta. After two minutes of back and forth, they finally chunk in that two-footer and exhale, "Whew, saved an eight."

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

For those who know me, this is NOT my alter ego.

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Young golfer: What's one over par?

Old golfer: A bogey.

YG: What's two over?

OG: A double bogey.

YG: What's three over?

OG: A triple bogey.

YG: Hmm, what's EIGHT over?

OG: A reason to quit.

Draft saved Draft deleted