1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contests: Why should I enter them?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Well, I guess the bright side of this is that the next time I see an ad for a job and it says that they don't want someone who "writes for contest committees" I'll know I have a shot.

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Or if they say they're looking for candidates whose hobbies include making nooses, standing tip-toe on high ledges and rigging up shotguns to doorknobs, you're in.

3. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

SP: Quit your whining. My god. Either grow a set or simply do not enter contests. It's that simple.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Just enter it, you whiny bitch. You never know.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Personal foul, Bob.

Late hit. 15 yards.

6. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Maybe "smallpotatoes" refers to the little things in his burlap nutsack.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

How about papas pequenas posts 2 or 3 stories he feels are contest-worthy and we can read them and tell him if he should enter them?

8. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Great idea!!!!!!!!!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Uncalled for. Completely.

Smallpotatoes' complaints do come off as whiny. That I'll agree with. But the fucking glee you people get with piling on him is ridiculous. Grow up.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yadda-yadda-yadda.

11. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

He does a fine job of piling on himself. Perhaps if he grew up a little we wouldn't have so much material to work with.

I'm fine with someone coming on here and asking for advice. I'm all for it. I encourage it. But when a guy repeatedly asks for advice and then routinely disregards it, choosing instead to be Eeyore, then fuck him. I have no patience for grown-up pouters, and if me taking a jab at him hurts his feelings? Fuck him twice.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Would the second one be an anger...

Draft saved Draft deleted