1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contador was ridin' dirty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mb

mb Active Member

There's your Holy Shit! moment from this year's Tour de France.

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I can't find anywhere that says how long the suspension is. Is it just indefinite until they hear his appeal?

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cycling has turned parody into reality.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Contador's "victory" by 38 seconds was already dirty -- that is, if you're an Andy Schleck fan like I am.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tainted meat? Can't wait to see the science behind that.

6. TigerVols

Upon further review, it does seem plausible that he was either set up or inadvertently ingested it...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-contaminated-food-excuse-or-possibility

Why take such an obvious drug?

7. mb

mb Active Member

Didn't he win by pretty much the exact time he picked up when Schleck fell?

8. mb

mb Active Member

Tyler Hamilton's vanishing twin thinks this is ridiculous.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

If the frogs don't strip him of the title, it's complete horseshit. Although we know Floyd was on the juice, they jumped all over him from the start even before a B sample was tested. Contador has had both A and B tested with the same results. According to some reports, there is no provision for an allowable amount. It's either there or not.

I far more pissed that he attacked Schleck when he had the mechanical than this. I know they are all on something. I accept it. The only people who are every truly shocked and outraged are the ones who follow cycling once a year for the last decade.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It sounds like he has a good case to me.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Until they bust Lance, I don't want to hear about it.

12. TigerVols

Yep. Exact.

Brilliant!

You think ALL of them are still on something? Really?

And as for this case, stories today indicate a trace of a very obvious drug -- a drug often used by cattle ranchers to pump up their herd -- was found the day after Contador ate a steak. Unless he's found with some other more high-tech substance, I'm willing to give him a pass. And I can't stand the prick.

Draft saved Draft deleted