1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conspiracy theories you believe in?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I believe in all of them.

[​IMG]

"I tell you what it is. It's your quote un-quote pollution control. I heard on talk radio you don't even need 'em. It's just the latest nazi government plot. Open your eyes, man, they're trying to control Global Warming. Get it Global. That's U.N. Commissars code for telling us what the temperature is gonna be in our outdoors. Let it warm up I say. See what Butchros Butchros Ghali Ghali thinks of that. We'll grow oranges in Alaska."

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The JFK assassination should be listed under conspiracy fact, not theory. The House Select Committee in 1978 admitted to more shots than a single gunman could pull off. If the debate is about who was involved (mob, CIA, Cuba, etc.), that's fine, but not whether a conspiracy existed.

Which, in case anyone is keeping score, I believe did involve elements of the mob and the government, and that Oswald never did fire a rifle that day. Why didn't people talk? Those involved are in the business of not talking, and lots of folks who may have known at least pieces of information found untimely deaths.

3. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

I'll second that. I did a lot of research on JFK while I was in college, and I don't believe for one second that Oswald fired a shot that day. He was notorious in his Marine outfit for being and absolute terrible shot and never could have pulled off that kind of marksmanship.

Stone's movie contained a lot of speculation, but a lot of it was based on compiled facts. I really love the line (and this is not verbatim), "If you want to find out who shot Kennedy, find out where the top marksman in the world were that day." Your average person like Oswald just couldn't have pulled it off. There were three shots fired at a moving target from a long distance, and all three hit the mark -- one of them a direct shot to the head. You could probably count the people who have that kind of accuracy on both your hands.

Now, who hired them? There's your conspiracy.

The mob could have been involved at some level, but I doubt it had anything to do with the actual shooting. Since when does the mob have snipers? The mob kills people up close and personal, like a bully.

I've often questioned that if it was a conspiracy, how could it have been kept a secret this long? But if you have a situation where one person contracts another person, who contracts another person, etc, etc, and none of them knows who the person who contracted them represents, well, then there's no particular organization to point a finger at because no one knows who's working for whom.

It's not like someone's going to approach a potential shooter and say, "Hey, I work for the FBI, and I want you to shoot the President." It would have to be more discreet than that.

I'm sure crazier things have happened.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Heads up! Black helicopter!

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Where? Where?

No problem--I figured I'd get the tinfoil hat thrown my way for that post. Won't change my mind, though--just too many holes and unanswered questions to lead me to believe one guy in the 6th floor window did that.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Spell check did that, dammit!

Heterosexual ... that's what she was.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Global warming only 29?

SJ's lunatic fringe demands a recount.

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

As far as the plastic coffins, which I'd never heard of, though I just did a google search, apparently the NWO is going to declare martial law in America and a bunch of folks will be executed at concentration camps throughout the country.

You can learn more from this site:

http://www.libertyforlife.com/jail-police/us_concentration_camps.htm

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Oh, and here is a map, pictures and a list of concentration camps FEMA is setting up throughout North America:

http://www.libertyforlife.com/jail-police/us-concentration_camp-locations.htm

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I knew Obama would destroy America. I just knew it.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Give him time!

He's finding himself.

I had no idea about the North American Union/ New World Order crazees until a few weeks ago.

They think NAFTA was a coverup. Because softwood lumber trade is sure to throw folks off the scent of the real story!

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

OK, so now we know why disaster response has been so pathetic the last few years: FEMA is otherwise engaged. ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.