1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservatives hampering global warming prevention? Not so fast.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm all for love thy neighbor, and if it were actually practiced, then I'd have no problem. But far too many people who call themselves Christians don't practice that. Intolerance and judgement take the place of compassion, understanding and forgiveness.

So your argument, while sensible in a perfect world, doesn't apply in Christianity on far too many occasions.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Um, well, yes.

I'm a Christian, you know. Was that meant to burn me?

As a Christian, don't you think limiting the abuse of the earth - how limited you think your or anyone's abuse is - is part of being a good steward of what you're given. Shouldn't a Christian err on the side of the possibility of global warming, rather than spending time defending car manufacturers and coal factories?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

zag,

One other thing: If you're a Christian and you live under the delusion that you should pursue your faith without criticism or challenges - if you actually believe there'll ever be a day (or that there should be a day) when people aren't trying to stomp out Christianity - you need to read your Bible a little more.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

YES!!!

I knew I could pull the religious bigots out of the woodwork....

Thanks Pastor and AlleyAllen, you've never let me down on this one!!

Yes!!!

And if you read what I said AlleyAllen I said "underlying motivation" not "as practiced in America" mr. intolerance.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Answer the question. Of course, the other option is to scream "religious bigot" without actually, you know, having evidence to back it up...

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'll be happy to answer any question you have -- but you didn't ask me one, at least not in this post.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Stamp it out. That pretty much defines any post I've seen made on the subject by the person who identifies himself as Pastor. (Sorry, but that's a title of respect given to people who are actually in that vocation.)

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I think zags response to this queston nailed it.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

To me, it wasn't aimed at you specifically - just to raise the contrast of arguments.

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He didn't say there wouldn't be that. He just doesn't have to appreciate its existence.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Exactly. You avoided answering it in the previous post.

So, how do you define those terms? How is it that you came to the definition what Christianity's underlying role is?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He should.

Romans 5:3-4:

"Nt only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.