1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservatives hampering global warming prevention? Not so fast.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fact: not conclusively proven that it's man-made.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Pretty much conclusively---based on almost ever piece of peer-reviewed piece scientific literature.

Oh, that doesn't count oil company sponsored publications

But aren't you the guy who claims evolution is just a "theory".?

3. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Yes, because you are educated above all others. The earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years. Thank goodness it has or I'd be living on a glacier. To suggest that man can somehow stop it is ridiculous. When Al Gore and his ilk start biking to work I'll start to listen to the threats about globull warming. I also find it very funny that it is Bush who has the green-friendly house. Also pretty funny that Hadley, NASA, GISS, UAH, RSS all showed global temperatures falling over the past year. But I know, global warming actually causes global cooling. But who cares, let's just throw more tax dollars at the "problem."

4. Global climate change, flop.
    Means all the weather patterns. And you're misrepresenting the NASA data because you got it from the wrong website.
    Not cool.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

For the sake of argument, and bandwidth, let's just say that you're right and 99 percent of the scientific community is wrong.

6. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Oh, so now that globull warming has been debunked it's been conveniently changed to global climate change. That's priceless.

If you are so worried about it, why don't you turn off your computer? Oh, I'm sure your computer is powered by you riding a bike in your basement.

27,154 posts? Glad you are so flipping productive.

Save the world, FB!

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

You're completely right about everything. No need for this thread to go any further.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Actually, conservatives were the ones to initiate the change to "climate change" because they wanted to diminish the importance of global warming.

9. Look, over there, it's the point.
    Cite your data, flop.
    Links, please.
    Otherwise, you can be pissing off now.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Knowing that the NASA data says nothing of the sort, I can see that what you are typing is completely false. Maybe one day you will actually be able to talk with someone that works at NASA.

Maybe. Probably not.

11. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Global warming: the bogus religion of our age

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/technology/technology.html?in_article_id=440869&in_page_id=1965&in_a_source

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Good article. I never thought of it that way before. You're right. We're wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.