1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conrad Fink discusses Twitter

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by deskslave, Sep 10, 2009.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Three guesses what he has to say. :D

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Never, ever, trust anyone called Conrad.

3. [​IMG]

This guy isn't sure what you mean, F_B.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

Dude has more follicles in his eyebrows than I have on my head. It's a good look!

For a serious anecdote, I covered the big City prep golf tournament today and at least four participants learned of their tee times in the local Mid-Major Paper.

I asked the tourney chairman again, "The high school kids read the paper?"

Yes.

5. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

His argument seems to be that because of social networking, people don't read newspapers. Yet he begins that argument my saying that more people read newspapers than ever before.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Man, I love Conrad Fink. :D

That was crazy-old-man talk, but he's great. Never get tired of hearing him talk.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Me too -- albeit for the one week I got to know him at a journalism conference.

I do wonder if Fink has ever actually used Twitter for journalistic purposes? His perspective on the matter is rather outdated, and that's a shame considering there's a ton of journalism / "being plugged in" / going on in Twitter-verse.

Draft saved Draft deleted