1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Connecticut Valley Spectator sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by JakeandElwood, Apr 20, 2008.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The Connecticut Valley Spectator has an immediate opening for a full-time sports reporter to work with a sports editor on a two-man department. The Upper Valley provides countless opportunities for strong features and championship seasons. Must be self-motivated and willing to dig a little deeper to make a normal story something more. The ability to work a beat to create high quality game stories, features and columns are a must. Page layout experience a plus. Please send a cover letter, resume and writing examples to hhill@tsvmedia.net or Publisher, 401 River Road, Claremont, NH, 03743.

Anyone know anything about this one?

2. I only see this paper when I go home for visits, but I believe it's a weekly. Maybe bi-weekly. The basic report I get from folks back there is it's a wanna-be competitor to the established Valley News, but pays crumbs and requires its folks to do everything under the sun, including possibly waxing the floors.

Someone more informed can certainly correct me, but I would guess this is for someone starting out or someone for whom money isn't an issue and who really wants to live in the Upper Conn. River Valley. See the Valley News position for a rundown on the region, which is quite nice.

Draft saved Draft deleted