1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congresswoman Giffords' return remains "uncertain"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That strikes as Congress, not Giffords, getting it from the left.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

what move any politician makes ISN'T a 'stunt' of some sort? every move they make is politically motivated. no different than anyone with power or whose success hinges upon the ebb and flow of public opinion.

as someone noted, those choosing to crap all over this woman's fight to become healthy enough to be a 'political animal again' obviously checked ther soul at the door.

shame on y'all.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Shame on who, Shockey? Who said anything negative about Giffords voting last night? It seems as though most posters are in agreement -- it was a stunt, but no one takes issue with her.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If this is the stage politics has reached in our country a) no wonder their approval rating is the shits; and b) where do I get out?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That's the problem. Everything has become a stunt in Washington.

A beautiful moment felt a bit hollow because it was staged. In no way do I fault Giffords.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I've got a guest bedroom available for a reasonable rate.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

fyi, care bear. there were a couple of posts here that seemed to echo these sentiments.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Should there be a "25th amendment" for members of Congress? Maybe. But I guess most people figure the two-year terms are work things through well enough. Senators? Probably, but since one senator can make the difference between majority or minority, filibuster-proof majority or not - I doubt it will ever happen.

For Supreme Court justices - absolutely. Recently read excerpts of Rehnquist's medical history released through a FOIA. And he was one of nine.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

In the Shockey sense we're all politicians. ALL of us. And every post is a "stunt".

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was thinking a job swap with the Canadian journalists looking for work, but I hear Harper is much like the Shrub [/crossthread]

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Well, darn. If it's worth anything, our country's eye-wateringly pro-business party isn't set to take over until 2014.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

So it was her handlers? I thought just a few weeks ago she could barely communicate. I found this curious to say the least, but it's obvious Washington is all about image and not substance.

Draft saved Draft deleted