1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congresswoman Giffords' return remains "uncertain"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jun 9, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't mean to be a vulture, but what is "due time"?

Once you realize you can't return to service, what's the point in not resigning?

Giffords has plenty to concentrate on and I wish her well. But everyone deserves to have a representative. Her constituents don't right now.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

man, a lot of heartless assuming going on here. do we even know if she's yet in any condity/staff an indication to make an informed decision and give her how to proceed? for all we know there remains a sliver of a chance for enough of a recovery to allow her to eventually re-assume her duties. if everyone around her is still being told by her docs that it's a possibility who is ANYONE -- especially the brilliant political minds of SportsJournalists.com -- to declare she or her office should've given up the seat by now.

sheesh. just when you think things couldn't sink lower 'round here...

3. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Given her office, the public should be presented an accurate report on her condition, with nothing held back. Let her decide what she wants to do, but give us the facts. Those in her district who will eventually have to make a decision if she runs again deserve nothing less.

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

"Due time," YankeeFan, would be a lot more time than has passed so far.

I don't see the people of her district rioting in the streets because her staff is handling their emails about trying to get little Horace into the Coast Guard Academy, or whatever. The wave of outrage will just have to rush toward shore without me, I guess.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They've released pictures

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A beautiful woman, in every sense of the words.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Signs of the tracheostomy laid bare.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Since when does the public ever get an honest assessment of their politicians?

9. printdust

printdust New Member

I'll say it again. I don't believe it would be considered offensive it if were a Republican.

The fact is we're talking about a standard that ought to apply across the board of "employment" and since this is her current job, how long does disability keep you employed - not that you don't continue receiving said benefits, but the job has to be filled at some point and there's no statement forthcoming on her ability or lack thereof to do so. Since she's not doing it, it's apparent she may never do it, and a reasonable time shouldn't be the end of her term, although that's coming up shortly isn't it? Two years?

10. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

If she's not in any shape to make an informed decision about whether she should resign or run again . . .

Should she be serving in the Congress? Just sayin.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Incredibly, this assassin, like Hinckley, may never see prison love.
    We had the technology to stuff his ass on a NASA rocket and send him to space, where apparently his attorneys think his head is, for good.

12. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Thurmond was so strong in S. Carolina that it probably would not have mattered what his opponents might have brought up in the campaign. Recall that Thurmond won his first Senatorial election running as a write-in candidate against nominees from both the Democrats and the Repbulicans in South Carolina. Only Father Time was going to beat him out of a Senate seat...

Draft saved Draft deleted