1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congressman Creepy's Office...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ..can I help you?
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/09/sixteenyearold_.html

2. Gerry Studs says hello.

3. He still in Congress?
    He a "family-values" Christian in charge of the Congress' work on missing and exploited Christians?
    No?
    Sorry.

4. Did he actually have sex with a page instead of just asking for a picture? Yes.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot that the fact that Studs used to have a D next to his name exonerates him from all crimes in your hippy worldview.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

The e-mails come off as a little creepy but I'd be shocked if anything more came out of this.

6. Oh, I wouldn't.
    For example, just to pick one out of the air, Studds was censured, publicly, by a Democratic majority.
    I'm sure Denny Hastert's got his Judiciary committee first up already.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How old are you?

What do you want for your birthday?

Are you weathering the hurricane?

What stuff do you like to do?

Okay, I'll play along.....

I know nothing about how congressmen and interns work. No clue. I'm just going to make the assumption that the congressman wants to get to know the some of the people he works with a little better.

How on earth else are you going to find out? Have any of you talked to teenagers before?

What part about those questions were creepy?

Legit replies wanted, not the same old, repub/dem bullshit.

8. Oh no! He had sex with an underage Congressional page and he got censured! And then he got re-elected. That'll learn him hey there Jethro?

Maybe you can enlighten us on what law Congressman Foley has broken so far that would necessitate a judicial hearing? If creepy alone was against the law then your man-love for John Kerry would warrant a life sentence.

Bias in journalism - Exhibit A Fenian Bastard

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry, but I don't see that anything more should happen. Could the email have been phrased better? Sure. But is he trying to "turn the page?" Don't think so.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This is not a case where we should turn this into a Democrat or Republican debate people.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You've logged into the wrong website, brotha.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm at the center of half the Dems vs. GOP debate. This isn't one of them. Or shouldn't be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.