1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congratulations Vancouver - 2010 Games the all-time No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Mar 1, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

nothing in that story surprises me.
    that same story could come out of any Grey Cup week, with the exception of game's played in Toronto.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What a whinefest of a read that was.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'm kind of proud of this line

These are the fourth Olympics I've covered, and Vancouver drinks Athens, Torino and Beijing under the table.

But geeze, suck it up buttercup.

5. canucklehead

canucklehead Active Member

I wonder if it was the reporter's first time in Canada. Kind of sounds like it. He sounds shell shocked. Canadians like to have a good time and when we do we want everyone, even strangers on the train, to have fun too.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

As someone once posted, "Even the Irish think the Canadians are drunks". :)

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Drinking Tokyo and Beijing under the table is no great shakes. But I was at the Sydney Games, and if Vancouver beat them, then THAT'S an historic accomplishment.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PS: That's Torino, not Tokyo. Sorry for the typo.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If you are drunk, and you want BTExpress to have a good time, stay as far away from BTExpress as you can.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You must not have visited Sestriere when you were in Torino.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I take a lot of pride in that column.

"It's been a two-week tailgate," she said. "I've covered a lot of college football, and this is like the Dante's Inferno version of tailgating."

When I asked a reveler if there was too much public intoxication in Vancouver, he responded, "There should be more."

Fuck yeah! :D

My best drinking days are behind me, and I'm several thousand miles away from Vancouver, but I would love to have gotten hammered there at any time in the past three weeks.

Go Canada Go, indeed!! ;D

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So the Canadians outdrink the Salt Lake Mormons and Chinese? Not sure why that guy sounds surprised.

That piece is quite consistent with my experience around Canadians. Nice folk, but goddamn do they ever like their beer. Combine the beer-swilling culture with the biggest sporting event on Canadian soil in decades and that's exactly the environment I'd expect there.

Draft saved Draft deleted