1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats to Katherine Heigl on getting to leave the dumbest show on television

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Feb 10, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nah, I'll still watch it.

Sooner they can quietly let T.R. Knight go, though, the better. They've totally lost that character.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I agree it's not nearly the show it used to be. Heigl's a diva who gets on my nerves anyway.

The British (Australian?) chick really rubs me the wrong way. Bad move to bring her ass in there.

I still think Christina Yang is a great character.

But as a chick-TV connoisseur, you know what show is surprisingly good this season?

The Bachelor.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Re: Congrats to Katherine Heigl on getting to leave the dumbest show on televisi

It's OK. I know how you feel. My wife and daughter love this show. I sometimes catch myself looking up from whatever book I'm reading. I always feel ashamed afterward.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He's had, what, a total of five lines in the last two episodes?

Obviously, in retrospect, the jump-the-shark moment was Dr. Burke and Addison's departure. Washington and Walsh were actually semi-serious actors and they had to write semi-serious storylines for them (Walsh less so, but still true), and once they were gone, the show turned into a tragicomedy of errors. I lost patience with it the day Izzy operated on what was obviously a mechanical deer, and once she and George started sleeping together, it was clear Shonda had completely run out of ideas. The whole thing became a neurotic series of sexual musical chairs. I believe it was Piotr or TigerVols who said "It's sort of entertaining to watch the characters recite lines at this point when they no longer believe in the source material." As Piotr points out here, the three-episode arch where Meredith nearly drowned (on purpose) was probably the show's nadir, if only because everyone I knew with the exception of my wife was actively rooting for Meredith's death. And the nonsensical dream sequence with Kyle Chandler and Jefferey Dean Morgan made me feel bad for Chandler and pity for Morgan.

Eric Stolz's recent appearance as the serial killer Meredith couldn't help but love was laughably bad, and was only made more idiotic by the twist that (surprise!) Derek's dad had been murdered by a serial killer. Way back in the day, of course. So I never brought that up with you, honey.

And in my final admission of girly-ness, let me say that Private Practice has become a better show that Greys. It's stupid, but in a more realistic kind of stupidity.

And yes, pallister, I do concede that I watch too much TV. This is inarguable among the sane.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Re: Congrats to Katherine Heigl on getting to leave the dumbest show on televisi

Dumbest show on TV is Jon and Kate plus 8.
    Watching an episode is like having the testosterone drained from your body.
    If you happen to double up with Little People, Big World, you penis retracts back inside your body and your once muscular chest becomes moobs.

6. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

Agree that The Bachelor is surprisingly good. After watching a season of Real Chance at Love, it's nice to see women who play nice and genuinely care about each other and the guy they're going after. I, however, have a bad habit of looking for spoilers online. If the spoilers are correct, I'll be happy, but now I feel like it is kind of ruined for me.

7. Lugnuts

Please don't tell me! ;D I've got my feeling based on Jason's "looks" when he's kissing them.

But just know that ABC has taken some liberties with its editing. So if those spoiler websites are basing their prediction on the season-long 'trailer,' they could be way off.

A buddy on my moms message board is friends with Jason. He's the real deal. His first wife apparently ran out and left him with the little boy. The kid has an absentee mom. Very sad. But it looks like the stepmom might be good as long as Jason doesn't go with DeAnna!

8. sg86

sg86 Member

The show is going to be much better off without Izzie and George. It's obvious by now that both Heigl and Knight are insufferable assholes to work with and it's dragging down the show.

The need more Owen. Him, Lexie and Sloan are the only things keeping it watchable right now.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still watch it, for basically the same reasons DD does. I like Sandra Oh's character and I like Bailey and Dr. Sloan. The rest of the cast I pretty much despise.

I am convinced the writers ruined Heigl's character intentionally, and I give her credit for saying that publicly.

10. Mizzougrad96

The British intern is leaving too... I find that unfortunate.

11. Mizzougrad96

If Knight is leaving, they should bring Isiah Washington back. I know the guy was awful behind the scenes, but he was good on the show.

12. Lugnuts

Yep, yep, yep.

British intern leaving? Hip hip hooray!

Draft saved Draft deleted