1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats to Katherine Heigl on getting to leave the dumbest show on television

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/detail?blogid=7&entry_id=35666

First off, here is my man card. I'm letting Zeke hold it until I'm done with this post.

Second, yes, I watch the Grey's Anatomy. I watch it because the wife watches it, and in return she watches Friday Night Lights with me. The difference being that we both now love FNL, and we both cannot stand Grey's any longer. As I've said before, Shonda Rimes is the worst show-runner on television. All due respect, but if you defend Grey's Anatomy as this point, you are a fool. Because while it had some endearing, less-soapy qualities in the beginning, it began to run off the rails when Isaiah Washington was forced out, and officially became a train wreck the last season, when icicles were falling on people and penises were getting broken from getting humped too hard, and the one doctor who looks like a red-headed werewolf. I have never, ever, seen a show that was once critically acclaimed get to bad, so fast, but this one has done it.

That said, I still like Katie Heigl a lot and feel she has deserved better than this piece of shit show for some time now. If I were her, I would have had no shame in acting like a complete bitch too just to get away from the godawful dialogue Shonda Rimes writes every week. Go ahead and give the obligatory "It has always sucked, and it was always lame" but the truth is, the show -- within the confines of what it was trying to be -- actually wasn't bad when it first began. It is now a tragic joke where people have sex with ghosts.

So for the tiny few Grey's watchers still out there, most of them ladies, join me in waving Ms. Heigl goodbye. Let her go make more romantic comedies and let her fly away to a better show. Then let Seattle Grace be hit with a meteor, because despite it's 17 million viewers, I've never seen a show so badly in need of a mercy kill.

Thank you.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

You watch too much TV.

3. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I'm actually enjoying this season a lot more than I did last. My dad and I were talking one day about the show and he said that a newspaper he reads (may have been USA Today, not sure) reported that the day after the broken penis episode aired, the 2nd most searched term on google was broken penis. Obviously people are still watching and still interested.

The show can't be far from over, though. I don't see Grey's as the next ER, a show that can survive once the original cast completely breaks up. And those two are full of drama and Ill be happy to see them go. It's been pretty widely reported that they're attached at the hip, so it's not surprising that once one wanted to leave, the other wasn't far behind.

And obviously Heigl has an easy exit. She's gonna die. How they get Knight off, though, is a different story.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I wonder what I can get for DD's Man Card on Ebay...

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I'm just watching last Thursday's episode now which is seguing into Private Practice. I'm still watching Grey's more out of habit, then because I like it. Truthfully I think Private Practice is much better this season.

I won't miss Izzy or George's characters. The whole Izzy/Denny storyline was nothing short of ridiculous. And so was George getting demoted back to intern.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Agree with the point that Grey's has gone completely off the rails.

This season has been better, just like the episodes after Meredith's three-part fall off the dock and near-death experience were better.

I chuckled at the crossover this week. It reminded me of when Howie on the Fall Guy was hurt, and they had a crossover with Trauma Center.

7. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

I yelled at the tv during the crossover because they made it out to be this big 2 hour event, going back and forth between two shows, but that's not how it was at all. Then the show was a "to be continued" and the office was "to be continued" and I got really mad.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you sell it on Amazon, you might get more for it if you combine it with Chef's toe.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched the show at first, liked the premise of doctors insecure of their own abilities. But it completely lost me when everyone started sleeping with everyone and they had to bring in crazier and crazier cases. Same thing happened to ER.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

What's wrong with having sex with ghosts?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The SportsJournalists.com yard sale would be a frightening place.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the writers ruined her character intentionally.

TR Knight is leaving too. Heigl is going to be a big movie star (she's already pretty much there). I doubt if we'll be seeing Knight in anything significant anytime soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted