1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confronted by Richard Marx

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 11, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is why Marx lives in Chicago.

Assuming he hasn't been divorced eight times and has no raging coke habit, I can't imagine living in cold and crowded Chicago with his wealth and no job to tie him down. That's why God invented San Diego.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I believe Eric Clapton lives in Columbus, Ohio.

Go figure.

If I were Clapton I can't say for sure exactly where I'd live, but I'd be able to see Catalina on a clear day. When I wasn't at my villa on Lake Como.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

No one but crack-addicted whores should live in Columbus.

4. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

RIP Whitney. :(

5. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

After seeing the responses in this thread, I checked the members list. I'm shocked no one has signed up as Richard Marx and started posting in this thread. :eek:

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Columbus makes sense.

No high rises.

(I will simply save all of you the effort and call myself an asshole for this post. Sometimes i just can't resist. Good night.)

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It continues:

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/19/richard_marx_hates_my_guts/

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Obscure Blogger Continues to Gravy Train off Famous Singer's Name.

Film at Eleven.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"I have never received as much attention for a piece of writing as I have for that yarn about my barroom encounter with a pop star."

No wonder he's flogging that horse again. He might be doing it five years from now.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Also, Marx kicked McClelland's ass in his letter.

Maybe he should take over the blog.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's amazing to me that this guy somehow thinks he's getting the better of this "fight."

12. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

What an awesome letter.

"While as insecure as the next person, I’ll choose my view in the mirror over yours any day of the week. But not just for what’s on the outside."

Win: Marx.

Incidentally, when I was in Morocco (07-09), Marx was HUGE. My guess was someone, long ago, used "Right Here Waiting" as an English lesson and it's continued.

I tried to use some other song in a lesson for this one youth club and it didn't go over well. The class, mostly 15- and 16-year-old girls, asked if I had "Right Here Waiting." I did.

So I put it on and oh, my. To a person, those little girls just sighed and swooned.

Oh, and I need to work "Today, you became the poster-boy for Chickenshit-itis" into my everyday language.

Can this guy lack such self-awareness as to think this makes him look good? It makes me want to give my copy of Repeat Offender its first listen since 1991.

Draft saved Draft deleted