1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confronted by Richard Marx

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

God help Mike Reno if he ever tries to track me down.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He'd just turn you loose.

Turn you loose.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Everyone's going off the deep end.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Whether the writer is a douchebag or Richard Marx is a thin-skinned twit, the story itself was enjoyable.

Loved the description of the neighborhood and how you have to find that bar by accident. The descriptions of the barfolk were well-done, and more than anything it was a fun little look into the lives of two artists.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but the guy who wrote it all but admitted he's a fucking wienie. I mean, oh my gawwwwd! A girl touched my chest afterward!! George Costanza and Mark Ratner both think the guy is a wuss.

6. inthesuburbs

inthesuburbs Member

Thanks to the link. Interesting read, which did make the singer sound more interesting than the writer. And now I've heard the name "Richard Marx" for the first time.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

You're either under 30 or you've never seen an easy-listening music collection infomercial at 2 a.m.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Richard Marx. He believed in the redistribution of wealth according to one's contribution to adult contemporary station playlists.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Couldn't even tap it after Damone.

[​IMG]

10. Wow, you guys are a bunch of sad, humorless, whiny little bitches. Especially the one who calls himself 93Devil.

This was a very good piece.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sad to say - "See You In Chicago" has been stuck in my head for the last day....or maybe it's a cold.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I can see it all now, this is gonna be just like last summer. You fell in love with that girl at the Fotomat, you bought forty dollars worth of fuckin' film, and you never even talked to her. You don't even own a camera.

Draft saved Draft deleted