1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confronted by Richard Marx

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Seems like Marx is pretty self aware from the jokes he tells about himself on Twitter.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll put it out there -- I loved some of the best Richard Marx songs. And actually, he put out a CD a few years ago that had two really smart singles, and they just never built steam.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Goes well with Grey's Anatomy?

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yeah, Richard Marx is a hell of a lot cooler than this pussy.

Marx shows up by himself.
    Pussy shows up with six guys.

Marx has women wanting to take pictures with him.
    I'm guessing the pussy did not.

Marx drives off in a Jag.
    Pussy posts his shit to something called "The Morning News," which really is not news at all but a mishmash of shit that updates a new story about once a day. You are barely off the page and there is a story about WildCard Weekend in the NFL.

I regret giving this fuck a web hit.

And Richard Marx's music does suck, but he seems like a cool guy.

5. 93Devil

I'm actually amazed something from the "The Morning News" reached Marx.

I still cannot figure out what city this thing originates from. It's almost like a broken down version of Grantland.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes. Goes well with Grey's Anatomy. :p ;D

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It doesn't surprise me that someone like Richard Marx would occasionally Google himself or have a Google News Alert for his name. I think I've told this story before, but I once made a joke about Good Charlotte being terrible and the next day I got a email from Benji Madden saying it really bummed him out. And to tell the truth, it was a cheap shot on my part. What did Good Charlotte ever do to me?

Richard Marx has probably taken shit for years and maybe this caught him on a bad day. Maybe something about shameless felt like a cheap shot that some hipster dickhead would be afraid to his face, and he was right. It's not like Marx threatened to fight him. He just wanted to see if he'd talk shit to his face. And in the end, hipster dude was nervous about saying it to a guy who used to perm his hair.

8. I don't think that was the case.. I almost felt sorry for him;. He wrote about being single, lonely and not really fitting it at his neighborhood bar.
    Yeah, he's made some friends at the bar - but it sounds those he's not too proud of that fact, or particularly close to his new friends. I think he's still single and lonely.

I agree the article did him no favors, but I don't think that was his intent. Or at least I hope it wasn't.

9. 93Devil

Skinny jeans...

Editor called him a d-bag...

Nah, this kid didn't learn his lesson.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He's not a kid. He said he was in high school in the late 1980s, and he's written three books.

11. 93Devil

OK, man.

Even worse.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Twenty-somethings aren't likely to take offhand potshots at Richard Marx. Now, if it had been Chris Kirkpatrick...

Draft saved Draft deleted