1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confessions of a twitteraholic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 14, 2011.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, this guy sounds like a load...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/13/magazine/confessions-of-a-tweeter.html?_r=4

One morning, a few months later, my boss came into my office. “We need to talk about your Twitter,” he said.

“Sure,” I said. “What about it?” He told me that someone in H.R. had stumbled on my tweets and was stunned. (Apparently, the ability to craft crude anatomical jokes isn’t what corporate America looks for in new employees.) My tweets were a clear violation of the company’s social-media policy. I had a choice: to delete the account or face termination. Sensing that my days were numbered, and being ambivalent about the job anyway, I chose to fall on my sword.

Being unemployed was even harder the second time around. On the other hand, I had more time to tweet.....

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He sounds healthy:

Brave response by the son, too.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is the story of one man's insanity more than the tools he uses to express it.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who will be the first SportsJournalists.comaholic to write such an article?

5. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

"OMG dad, I can't believe you just tweeted you want to kill mom!"

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There has to be tons of Office Space fodder that applies to this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted