1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

condemned to illness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

So my girlfriend was diagnosed today with strep throat. She had a slightly scratchy throat yesterday, then said she felt like death today and went to the doctor, who diagnosed her.

She and I had dinner at her place last night. It's an odd feeling to be sitting here, feeling perfectly healthy, and know with near-certainty that I will be horribly sick by the end of the week. I feel like a condemned man.

Anybody have any similar stories to share?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Are you just trying to let people know you have a girlfriend?

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm going to call him Lars and assume that Patricia Clarkson was the doctor.

:D

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Your girlfriend is Scott Rolen?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's OK if it's in a three-way....

6. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Only Robert Evans could make this story interesting. And even then I'd be leery of listening.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My throat started hurting today. Which means I'll be sick tomorrow. and that sucks, because I'm off the next two days.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, this thread title is far more dramatic than what it needs to be. And Buck, thanks a whole friggin' lot for stealing my Dooleyfish opportunity.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

It might not be too late for a prophylactic antibiotic.

You don't wear it, there. It's a shot or pills you can get from your doctor..

10. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Got a kid in day care and a wife who works in early intervention with infants. I know I am a target for some form of illness just about every other week. Totally feel you on the odd feeling of sitting back and waiting for it to happen, Rusty.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I just got done snogging Dirk Nowitzki. I'm doomed. :)

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You too? That asshole.

Draft saved Draft deleted