1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CONCLUSION: Alone on T-Day...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

Re: Alone on T-Day...

and thank you for noticing, mike.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I agree with Tom. Preferably, do this while inebriated. Drink vodka so she won't catch the whiff.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Agreed that the situation needs to be engaged directly, but if someone won't even say "hello," that seems like a bad sign. I suppose it could just be awkwardness, but damn.

I guess I shouldn't speculate since I can't imagine being good friends with someone and then having a "light makeout session" send everything tumbling downward into oblivion. If I went out with one of my platonic friends, we got wasted on Old Crow and I ended up sniffing lines of coke out of her ass crack before going down on her from behind while she sang Patti Smith songs in Norwegian, I might feel a little strange about it all, but I'd definitely say "hello" next time I saw her.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but don't, under any circumstance, say: "i luuuuv yooooou, bitch."

really, fight the little voice that vodka creates.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

irish - a "light makeout session" to kids these days means he had anal sex with her.

it's more complicated than back in the day. ;)

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

This may be one of the better posts here recently.

Except it's Patty Smyth, not Smith. :D

7. writing irish

Yeah, TP, I forgot, these kids regard going ATM with the same lightheartedness that we regarded the little folded-up notes that we put in each other's lockers in high school.

It's Smyth? Really? Fuck, next thing, you'll be telling me it's "Sexx Pistols" or "Clasch."

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i gotta admit, irish, that i made the ass sex quote after only reading the first line of your post. if i'd made it all the way to "... and I ended up sniffing lines of coke out of her ass crack ..." i probably would have posted something entirely different.

9. Colton

Colton Active Member

UPDATE:

Well, today I made the phone call and, yes, they were more than happy to have another volunteer. Turns out, they don't have enough people to serve the volume of people who are expected.

Maybe I'll post another update on T-Day night and talk about how the experience went.

Thanks to the many who offered so much support and encouragement to go forward and do this. Suddendly, the feeling of dread I had for Thanksgiving Day has vanished.

Amazing... thanks again, friends.

10. writing irish

Well, it's true that we don't make it as far as snorting lines out of chicks' butts in every instance.

Colton, thanks for the update and Happy Thanksgiving.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Snorting lines off chicks' asses? Where?!

12. writing irish

You're slipping, Xan, it took you three posts to respond to a rails reference. :D

Dude, that was not to be taken literally. I don't advocate lines. Cocaine is a loathesome, hideous substance and is to be shunned.

Now licking Guinness foam out of a hot chick's ass, I'd do that with great enthusiasm.

Draft saved Draft deleted