1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Tony Joe White I would LOVE to see.

Going to try to get to see John Nemeth and Davey Knowles this month.

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Clicked off a bucket-list item last night, seeing Bob Weir at Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. Tremendous venue and I've got to say, Bobby can still do it. His new record is mostly cowboy-type songs that were his bread-and-butter in the Grateful Dead. He did a few of those (and they were pretty good, better than I expected).

Second set, he came out with: Me & Bobby McGee>Tennessee Jed>West LA Fadeaway>Cassidy>Looks Like Rain>Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad. Encore included Peggy-O and he finished with Ripple. Just a little spirit of the Dead. There was even a guy sitting off the stage left, directly on the other side of where Bob stood from where I was sitting, that if you used your imagination looking through the stage lighting, looked like Jerry Garcia, circa 1970. I've read that some folks believe Ryman is haunted, so who knows? Maybe Jerry WAS there (LOL).

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I took the tour of the Ryman a few weeks ago. It looked like it would be a phenomenal place to see someone... as long as you weren't on the bottom level under the balcony.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Got decent seats for the first show Phish's New Year's Run at MSG. I'm pysched.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm seeing John Mellencamp next Tuesday night. It will be my 7-year-old's first concert.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're joking.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

This should make a few members of 90s-SJ.com, myself included, pretty happy:

8. cranberry

Nope, not joking. Tonight will be my fourth New Year's run show. Always a fun night.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Saw Phish at MSG last night. Crowd was cheek to jowl. They put on a good show.

10. cranberry

Opening with the a capella Star-Spangled Banner was perfect, even better when some guy up in the 200 level yelled "Let's Go Rangers!" Enjoyed the Zeppelin cover (Good Times, Bad Times), too.

I'll probably tune in for the simulcast the next few nights.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Ryman is great. Saw Gov't Mule there twice.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's absolutely a great place to see a show. I've seen tons of them there. Willie Nelson, Robert Earl Keen, the Black Crows on consecutive nights. Just a great, great experience.

Draft saved Draft deleted