1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ouch.

2. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Seeing Neil and The Horse tonight in Toronto. Outdoor venue, lucked into premium seats.

Looking forward to 10+ minutes of Cortez the Killer to kick things off.

3. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

We caught the featured performer at Madison's WORTStock festival yesterday, an Irish-flavored rock band from Minneapolis called Boiled in Lead. Here's the song they opened with.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Neil and the band were amazing. Having Micah Nelson helped the energy on stage, but those guys can still put it out there. Voice was strong, acoustics were great, Neil was chatty. Crowd was alive, he played a couple of songs that don’t often get played.

Anyone who is thinking about catching this tour should go.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

They are playing locally, but I am going to Ohana Fest in Dana Point at the end of September and they are headlining Saturday night and pretty excited about it.

Tighthead likes this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Seeing Tommy Stinson at a house party Friday.

Cosmo, TigerVols and PCLoadLetter like this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

FileNotFound likes this.
  8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Not a concert guy, last one I went to was 1998. Big Head Todd and the Monsters. That weekend I got sick outside Mexican Village and threw up on the sidewalk.

But tonight...in Jersey...Rolling Stones! Excited. And plan on vomiting a lot less tonight.

misterbc and TigerVols like this.
  9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Saw the stones a couple of times in the last decade, including their first show after Mick had his heart scare and stent (I think). He happened the show in a dead sprint to the front of the stage and didn’t stop gyrating for two hours. It was awesome.

have a blast!

Small Town Guy likes this.
  10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

It was so fun! And I'm not a music expert or concert expert obviously but I went with two veteran concertgoers/longtime Stones fans, and they said they sounded fantastic, which I of course agreed with. Mick is just ridiculous. It struck me while watching him sprint around and dance and sing for two hours he's four years older than my dad, hobbling around the house in Minnesota with his bad foot and complete inability to carry a tune. And there's Mick at his age. Amazing. And whole band was the same, including Chanel Haynes killing it on the famous backup part on Gimme Shelter.

Here was good review of last night.

https://www.app.com/story/entertain...dium-before-memorial-day-weekend/73803866007/

11. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I got to attend an Andrew Bird concert last night. He was a lot jazzier than I expected. Great voice, smart lyrics, lots of whistling. Drummer Ted Poor doubled on vibes.

Hermes likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted