1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The only time I saw Yoakam was at the 1993 Missouri state fair. Unlike Bocephus shows, there were no state troopers cracking skulls to break up drunks fighting in the stands.

dixiehack likes this.
  2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Only saw Yoakam once, at a country festival outside Toronto years ago. Hank Jr. was headlining and to say Yoakum blew him off the stage would be a gross understatement. Wasn't even close.

Mr._Graybeard and Tighthead like this.
  3. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I’ve never seen Dwight live but I know he keeps himself in good shape, is very serious about music in general and his legacy, and likes having a tight band. I think it’s low risk.

Full disclosure I’m a huge fan and I thought Guitars Cadillacs was heaven sent when I was in high school.

4. swingline

Four don't count, that's your mother's reason

Hey, don't bite me!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Saw the Drive-By Truckers last night in Sydney. Patterson Hood just turned 60 and hasn’t lost a step.

Cosmo, Tighthead and PCLoadLetter like this.
  6. swingline

Yoakam is playing three shows this year, all about a five-hour drive away: Park City, Kansas; Lincoln, Nebraska; North Little Rock, Arkansas. Tickets for all three are in the $150 range (for center stage), a lot more than when I waited in line for the show in '93.

I saw a Wilco show with Jay Farrar back in 2007 in Little Rock, but I don't remember the venue.

7. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Robinson Center Music Hall; Sept. 18, 2007

swingline likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Got my ticket today for Roger McGuinn on April 23 at a new 500-seat auditorium at Microville Tech. I absolutely love the Byrds so I hope he does a lot of his old stuff.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

most expensive ticket at the DC show I’m looking at is $95

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ratboys were excellent last night. I don't think they'll be playing in venues as small as Richmond Music Hall much longer.

garrow likes this.
  11. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I like Hank III in small doses.

We were at a Los Lobos concert last night, their 50th anniversary tour. David Hidalgo's voice is getting a little thin, but Cesar Rosas (the guy with the shades) still sounds good. And the band added a kickass drummer in recent years, Alfredo Ortiz (late of the Beastie Boys). What would a Latino band be without great percussion? He and bassist Conrad Lozano really click.

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Just saw AJR on their The Maybe Man Tour. The show had tons of kids (mine included), but it was fun. It’s been a while since I went to an actual arena concert.

Draft saved Draft deleted