1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"concern over vince young's emotional well-being": should we be discussing it?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by whatwoulddamondo?, Sep 9, 2008.

1. yes, from the standpoint that it makes an impact on the team, i agree.

but this is more about what exactly went down last night. i've heard it lead off almost every news show on espn today. yes, he's a public figure, and having the cops sent out to look for someone that well-known is a news story... but it wouldn't be a news story had it not been leaked by the titans in the first place.

i just feel dirty even talking/reading about this, kind of on the same plane as a couple years ago with t.o. i'm expecting someone to trot out the "25 million reasons to live" line again.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So why did the Titans leak it? Though I think eating chicken wings and watching Monday Night Football is suicidal.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I doubt the Titans "leaked" it. The matter was public because the police were called. Anybody listening to a scanner heard it last night. Once a police report is issued, the story's coming out.

4. -Scoop-

-Scoop- Member

It's only a big deal as to how it affects the team, and when your "star" quarterback is showing fragility and unstable in regard to mind state and what his mood is, it is a story.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Or scarfing chicken wings. That'll pack the pounds on you.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Re: "concern over vince young's emotional well-being": should we be discussing i

Gotta vote with Tap. Once the police are involved, you gotta go with it.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I leave my cell phone at home all the time when I go out. But nobody starts a thread about me.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yup... no other way to play it,.

9. Cubman71

Cubman71 Guest

And lest we forget, Mr. Young famously said in an interview earlier this year he was considering early retirement. He doesn't appear to be able to handle everything that has been throw at him. I hope he's undergoing counseling if it's a mental thing. But yes, we should be talking about this.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

You ain't gettin' paid that much.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

But I'm probably a better quarterback.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's because nobody here likes you. Don't take it personally though.

Draft saved Draft deleted