1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conan's getting lazy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by suburbanite, Sep 19, 2006.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I actually caught myself watching Kimmel the other day and he's significantly improved. Don't know if they've changed writers or if he's just getting more comfortable, but it was decent. I'd still watch Letterman over him, but he's getting better (not unlike Conan, who I found almost unwatchable for the first season and much of the second. There I said it.)

2. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Hey, maybe it's because the Page 2 "sports guy" left the staff!

3. XXXX

XXXX Member

i really enjoy the sports guys column on page 2 of espn.com. i may be hunted down and murdered for it, but i like him

4. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

Gisele Bundchen was on Conan last night -- could have been a repeat -- in what was basically a t-shirt, so I didn't notice anything he was doing.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I can't honestly say that I have found anything on Conan to be outrageously funny. Amusing sometimes.

It has been a while, though.

7. I used to watch Conan frequently, but even since Craig Ferguson switched from a monologue to a 10-15 minute stand-up routine, I've been watching The Late, Late Show. The guy's hilarious, and he can do a boatload of impersonations.

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I find Conan very funny about 80% of the time.

"If They Mated" is still great. So is "Celebrity Survey" and of course Triumph.

When Conan and Max do the random stare-off for 15-20 seconds, that makes me laugh EVERY TIME.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

That will be difficult. A lot of what I thought was the funniest stuff Letterman did at 1230 (1130 Central) didn't make it to the earlier show. Of course, I still miss Brother Theodore ("David! David! You are mocking me, David!")

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Conan needs more of the Clive Clemons Inappropriate Response Channel. And bring back the Wussie Wagon! This may be heresy, but I think he's consistently better without Andy.

12. NDub

NDub Guest

In The Year 2000 is on....with Larry King.

Draft saved Draft deleted