1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Computer printing question, CD cover edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

My entry-level computer knowledge is well documented, so it should be no surprise I'm back for help. I had been burning CDs with Real Player's Premium Burning service via SuperPass, and it handled printing cover sheets and song lists without incident. After an IT from our office helped me install a DVD burner and some software, now anytime I print my CD cover sheets for the jewel case, the size is too small. I can't figure out what happened, nor how to fix it.

Any ideas? I'll buy you a drink on New Year's Eve if you help me solve this.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Have you thought about buying smaller CD cases to match the sheets? Might be easier all-around.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Why didn't I think of that?

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're just printing front cover art. If there's an option on the program to size the CD cover sheets, size them to 4.75" x 4.75" (or 708 pixels x 708 pixels)

5. Johnny Dangerously

Thanks, but I find no such option at any point in the process, nor anywhere in the program itself. :-\

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Try the Print options, or the Page Setup options under the File menu. (I assume you're using a PC, not mac)

7. Johnny Dangerously

I thought that would do it. There was an option checked for "shrink to fit page," and I unchecked it, but it still printed too small.

8. EStreetJoe

Is the Real Player Premium Burning via Superpass a web-based program or is it something on your PC? If I could see the program, I could figure it out. In the program itself is there an options button/pull down menu?

9. Johnny Dangerously

It's something on the Real Player media player, and you can't access it unless you've just burned a CD. There is no menu for it; it just appears after you've finished burning.

10. EStreetJoe

I've got Real Player at home. I'll have to check it out when I finally get out of the office later tonight.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Draft saved Draft deleted