1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Computer] Mac or Dell

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Kettner, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i own a dell i use for work. i use a mac at home. i have less problems with my dell than i do my mac, although i obviously use it less.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'm all for spending as little as possible for a computer you're going to use for work while still getting some sort of name brand. That often means Dell or Toshiba.

It's inevitable that it's going to get bumped around and you really only need the basics for a work machine: Plenty of memory, fundamental software, wireless card, CD/DVD player. If you're only using it for work, you shouldn't need great graphics capability and a lot of the stuff you might want on a home machine. Plus it's less painful to replace it in two or three years.

3. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

I love the Mac and some of the MacBooks are really good value compared to a PC machine with the equivalent power and accessories. You can buy a PC - and Dell comes to mind, cheap, but I think you get what you pay for in terms of crashes, virus risks, etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted