1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Companies that have screwed you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ADifferentOkie, Apr 5, 2007.

1. The thread about student loans got me thinking about companies I not only will never work with again, but ones that I tell everyone not to use.
    Right now, Countrywide, the home mortgage place, is at the top of my list. The story is quite long, but it started when they charged me a higher interest rate than we agreed on.
    They didn't send me a bill and then charged me a late fee for that bill. Then we got stuck in this cycle where the bills were ALWAYS coming after they were due. This was, of course, somehow my fault.
    Then there was this issue where I closed on the house in November. The first year, the previous owners paid the tax. The second year, the company sent me an escrow overage check and lowered my escrow payments. I called them three times to make sure that was correct, because I was certain they were thinking I didn't pay the taxes through them anymore. They assured me it was right.
    Then about midway through the year, they realized I was right and they upped my payment about $200 to make up for the projected escrow shortage. It was money I didn't have, so I called them about it and told them exactly what had happened. I didn't get any response other than, "Well, you are going to owe about $1,000. You can just pay that now."
    Of course I didn't have that money, or I'd have had it to pay the extra $200 every month.
    I ended up refinancing with another company just to get away from those bastards, and the new company (Citigroup) has been great. I highly recommend it. I make a payment every two weeks, each about half as big as I did with Countrywide, and I am only charged interest in 14-day intervals instead of a month at a time.
    I will actually pay the house off 11 years faster with virtually no change in my payments per month.
    I'm sure I'm leaving out one or two times Countrywide pissed me off, but I strong advise against using them and for using Citigroup.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

AT&T Universal Card

Dell Computer

Pizza Hut

I could go on.

3. sportschick

I forgot Delta. Fuck them all!

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Acme

I hunt roadrunners, and have tried many, many Acme products — TNT, anvils, human-bat flying costumes, paint that makes the side of a cliff look like a tunnel, etc.
    None of it works right.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dell

DAMMIT!!!!!

6. Now THAT's funny.

7. sportschick

That's why Buck was my choice for poster of the year.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dude, you're getting fucked over.

Mine:

Best Buy. Fuck those fuckers.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The local video store.

Three months after I had returned a movie (on time), it sends me a bill for $127, stating I returned said movie a month late with a $4/day fee. The letter also stated I had 10 days to pay before the bill went to collections.

After spending 45 minutes on the phone arguing the many obvious points, the manager offered to halve the bill. Umm....NO.

Eventually, after being forwarded to their regional manager, the bill was ripped up, along with my membership.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. Damn, that made me laugh.

Mine is Sprint. Fuckers.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

Morris Communications.

Draft saved Draft deleted