1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Community

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought tonight's ep was pretty funny, especially the first 10 minutes or so.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

still not getting it

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Then walk away. You can probably catch an airing of "Starship Troopers" on TNT.

You gave it an honest effort.

4. KVV

KVV Member

I really liked this week's episode. The Dead Poets stuff was very good. Watching Chevy try to eat pizza was the first time he's made me laugh thus far, but it was a good belly laugh.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm really becoming addicted to those last 30-second bites. Joel McHale krumping? Yes please.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Watched it from the start and think it's gotten better each week. That's encouraging. I think the characters are growing.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

those are the only parts worth watching

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Hmmm...the fact that the blonde bugs the crap out of me is going to be a problem.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Now if NBC could figure out how to air a complete show in its allotted time, viewers who DVR it would be able to see these things without having to go to Hulu.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Do you not have a setting on your DVR where you can extend the length of a show? Mine runs two minutes early and five minutes late, but I can set it to go longer if need be (say for football games).

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My DVR from UVerse automatically records 33 minutes for a 30-minute show, because it can record 4 shows at once. So I'll get the first two minutes of whatever show is after it, and then when I watch that show, I'll get the last minute or so of the show before it. It's kind of kooky, but awesome.

I also set Amazing Race to go 40 minutes past time because NFL always pushes 60 Minutes back. I missed WAY too many eliminations last time.

12. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Yes, I have a DVR where you can adjust the recording times, but that's not the point. NBC's entire Thursday night schedule from 8-10 is scripted programming, meaning there is absolutely no reason they can't keep shows confined to their listed times.

Draft saved Draft deleted