1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Commercials you like

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

We've often had the rants on here about commercials we despise and loathe, but thought we might flip the coin over and call out some you like. A couple I find amusing that generate a chuckle or at least a smile every time I see them:

The Travelocity Gnome -- funny looking dude and voice. Especially the one where he gets run over by the bell hop.

The e-harmony commercials where the guy is on these blind dates: one where his date calls her 'mommy' over, one where she said she wouldn't cry on the first date and "let's talk about something fun--how about magic?". The guy's facial expressions crack me up.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Jimmy Dean sausage commercials with the guy playing the sun. Hysterical.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'll pimp the T-Mobile commercial with the "5" with the two guys. One guy asking why his friend has the first guy's girlfriend in his 5, the second guy says he's paranoid and then the ringer "Secret Lovers" goes off.

The facial expressions are awesome. Makes me giggle, and I've seen it roughly 200 times.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

They call me the bus driver, kid, cause I'm about to take you to school.

FADA!

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

The Geico "Caveman" commercials are always fun to watch ...

... and I definitely miss seeing this one:

The dance at the end is great!

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I like the Geico caveman commercial where the one guy is being ostracized at the party because he got Geico insurance.

EDIT: Gutter beat me to it.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but I actually like the Sonic ad where Slacker Dude #1 names the growling in his stomach Charlie.

It's not really that funny until the end where Slacker Dude #2 says, "Sorry Charlie". And that isn't very funny (not even for someone who remembers the original Sorry Charlie tuna ads), but the look on the face of Slacker Dude #1 indicates he's trying to make the other guy fuck up or something. Looks like they printed the 100th take because they kept busting out laughing.

I also love the new Buffalo Wild Wings ads. They are a new paradigm in advertising.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I want the busdriver and "We got next ... NEXT!!!" guy to square off in 1-on-1.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll tell you one I don't like: those two fucktards in their $8,000 Hyundai eating Sonic and talking the most inane shit you can think of.

10. Captain_Kirk

Always have liked those Sonic guys spots.

11. Captain_Kirk

Xan, as you can see by my post, I'm of a contrarian view. And no hatin' on this thread. This one is only for sharin' the luv.

Songbird likes this.
  12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The Mac-PC commercials are a stroke of genius.. and I own a PC.

You are coming to a sad reality... cancel or allow.
    PC (resignedly): ... allow

Draft saved Draft deleted