1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming to NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

For something entirely different and new...
    I highly recomment going to the Blue Room bar/restaurant, 1140 Second Avenue in Manhattan, on the corner of 60th St, at 11 am Sunday morning. Get there a few minutes early. I believe it only costs about $10 to watch the game, but it should be a great experience.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Is that the place we went to when Jones was in NY?

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Nope. This is different. They watch games there... and it lives up to its name...

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HB/Pastor,
    I can't remember the names of the bars we hit during our NYC road trip/SportsJournalists.com mini-get together last summer

The food at the Irish pub was stunning as Spnited can attest. What was it, crab soup or lobster bisque?

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

It was lobster bisque, but damned if I can remember what the restaurant was called.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

O'Lunney's.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

They have some damn good burgers.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Ryan: I would think that a bar inside Madison Square Garden would be way overpriced. Just my feeling.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

You could drink with the bums outside MSG for free.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

aren't the ticks for the big east final pretty cheap to buy off the street once the championship matchup is known? ??? ??? ???

the schools that are bounced bolt pretty quickly, yes?

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ah yes, that's right. Most overpriced shrimp cocktail I've come across, but the bisque was good.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Excellent call. Massive pub, lots of TVs. Gets sports crowds for big games/events. Big after work meet-up place, not sure what it is like on a weekend. But a comfy bar for a really big place. I don't like really big places like this usually, but Stout might be my favorite bar near the Garden.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.