1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming to NYC

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ryan,

If you want to do the Garden, why don't you go to the Big East final on Saturday night and skip the Knicks game on Sunday?

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I actually thought about that, but I wasn't sure of the ticket situation. The Knicks tickets only cost me about 20 bucks. I'm guessing the demand is a little greater for the Big East final, but I could be wrong. Maybe I should get off my ass and check this out.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, excuse fucking me, Mr. Sonner.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. spnited

spnited Active Member

You can't get tickets for the Big East without paying scalper prices.

Of course, with the Knicks, at $20 you're still going to get less than you paid for.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I believe the Big East final is sold out.
    I'm pretty sure the bar in the Garden shows only MSG-related games.
    If you go to Brother Jimmy's, it's much easier to get to the west side location from the Garden (Amsterdam and 80th). Just take the 1/9 subway to 79th street and walk a block. Getting over to the east side location could be a pain.
    Blondies (79th between Broadway and Amsterdam) is another great sports bar, on the same stop as the 1/9. Probably 10 minutes uptown from the Garden.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I am a fan of Joe O's sports bar in the Hotel Pennsylvania, across the street from MSG. It's an upscale kind of place; good food and pretty good service.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Upscale at the Penn? Damn. There's a contradiction.

Scores have TV?

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm betting on the Knicks on Saturday. With Ryan Sonner in the building, there's no fucking way they can lose.

Shots, forget Mason for a while and go to the game, or do something else you can only do in NYC. I'll text you the Mason info.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Careful. Thinking the Knicks will win is not a positive contribution to this thread.

10. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Hey, spent my wedding night there. And had the greatest suite ever. Of course, my folks were also staying there and their room was about the size of an average cubicle.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You should have shared your room with your parents. :)

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Stout on 33rd Street, mere blocks from the Garden. Great place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.