1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming soon: All-day breakfast @ McDonald's?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I actually rather admire their not opening on Sunday, because they're giving up a shitload of money to stay true to a tenant of their beliefs. What I don't admire is their incessant use of pickles.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Ask Jones how he feels about pickles.

3. Jones

Jones Active Member

PICKLES ARE CUCUMBERS SOAKED IN EVIL.

4. KP

KP Active Member

Ahhhhhh, hashbrowns.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

BK's Crossanwich with bacon is where it's at!!!!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ugh. BK has the worst fast food breakfast known to man.

I don't know how you screw up breakfast, but they manage.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If screwing up breakfast means in-store heart attacks, you've got a valid point.

[​IMG]

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Brilliant.

This has pissed me off more times than I care to remember. I've probably expended more calories venting at the pimple-faced drone in front of me about this than I've taken in by eating that delectable egg-mc-muffin or sausage biscuit.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The Wendy's in my area just started with breakfast .... not sure if it's nationwide or what, but it was damn good. They let you swap out coffee for OJ (typical) and tater tots for blueberry muffin or some other stuff, which to me was huge because I don't really care for the hasbrowns or tots.

I had a burrito and it was better than my former favorite burrito -- Sonic. They had some other stuff that looked awfully good as well.

Dairy Queen is also a good choice, if there's one around. They have biscuts and gravy for like 1.75 or something and some cheap McMuffin-look alikes cheap too.

yummmmmmmmmm...... Gravy -- just what sports writers need more of, right?

10. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i've eaten at mcdonald's just once since 1998 and i'm sure my body is grateful.

that said, i remember as a kid when i went to a mcd's on an air force base and they sold hamburgers and cheeseburgers for breakfast because of all the shift changing going on. that was exciting.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

THANK YOU!!!!

People always give me a funny look when I saw that a pickle is nothing more than a ruined cucumber. Pickles taste like a cucumber soaked in a mixture of bleach, lye and 3-week old piss.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I have been known to enjoy a Breakfast Burrito, but skip the salsa. Try it with sweet and sour sauce, and if they're out of that, a little hot mustard.

Draft saved Draft deleted