1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming 2 America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and Gutter like this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t super believing in this when it was announced, but the barbershop scene in the trailer looks great. Also, Tracy Morgan usually makes anything better.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

They've got pretty much the entire living cast back (haven't seen Eriq LaSalle as the Soul-Glo boyfriend, and the mom/queen died a while back), so it's definitely got that going for it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Hopefully Leslie Jones doesn't suck like she does in most everything she does.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Will the horny little sister be on husband No. 3? Will Louie Anderson be running the McDowell's restaurant?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How does he have a son in NYC? Did he and (insert character's name here) not stay together? Did she abandon his kingdom to return to NYC?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

More importantly, does the barbershop still think that Joe Louis is the greatest fighter that ever lived?

garrow and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

One of my absolutely favorite movies. And my favorite line:

Yeah, I met Dr. Martin Luther King in 1962 in Memphis, Tennessee. I walkin' down the street minding my own business, just walking on. Feelin' good. I walk around the corner, a man walk up, hit me in my chest, right. I fall on the ground, right. And I look up and it's Dr. Martin Luther King. I said 'Dr. King?' and he said 'Ooops, I thought you were some body else.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Rocky Marciano disputes this,
    Why?
    Cause he beat Joe Louis’ ass.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Joe Louis was 75/76/138 years old when he fought Rocky Marciano.

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted