1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comics ain't so funny anymore- Foxtrot to go weekly?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 26, 2006.

1. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

the funnies haven't been the same since those wacky Katzenjammer Kids left the scene.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

George Herriman's Krazy Kat is the greatest comic of all time.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Read Doonesbury daily for a long time. Read Calvin & Hobbes regularly, too.

But right now, nobody seems to be able to turn out consistently interesting comics.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Marmaduke was the worst strip ever. I could have drawn better than that.

5. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Arlo & Janis is pretty damn good. I've actually got two cut out from a while back that I just love. I have them on my fridge door. they make me laugh every time I look.

6. writing irish

7. writing irish

Whoops, that was huge. Apologies to the board.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dont blame the creator for wanting to cut back the workload, but it is one of the few funny ones left

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Just realized there is a major omission from my last list -- Opus.
    Not quite as good as Bloom County (the best strip ever) and Outland, but still good for laughs.

Calvin & Hobbes was great as well, as was The Far Side.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sherman's Lagoon is easily my fave these days. Zits and Fox Trot are good too. Used to love Adam, not so much now, and Shoe is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Calvin and Hobbes is the all-time No. 1 for me, Bloom County gets the place money....

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Get Fuzzy, Zits, Foxtrot, Mutts and a Rose is a Rose are about the only ones I read anymore.

Calvin and Hobbes and Bloom County were favorites in the past. Sometimes I like Doonesberry and mallard Filmore, but most stuff just sucks. And when are they gonna freaking get rid of Hagar and Blondie? Just crap anymore.

12. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I was thinking about picking it up. I'm pretty sure I saw it at Sam's club for $78 or thereabouts.

Wouldn't mind getting the complete Peanuts by decade.

Draft saved Draft deleted