1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central's next roast: Bob Saget

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

(NSFW)

and

(NSFW)

and

(NSFW)

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

It was only a matter of time ...

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I read an article a couple of years ago about Chase and how he had an epiphany after that roast what an asshole he had been for so many years. Comics he didn't even know where taking their shots at him and none of the people he thought were his friends, outside of Paul Shaffer, bothered to show up.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Leary fan, and own the damned video. I pull it out every once in a while and watch it, and I gotta say... it kinda sucked. It was the first one they did (I think), and the roasters put on the kid gloves. Most of it is unwatchable, including Lenny Clarke (a disappointment -- I bet he's got GREAT Leary stories). Maybe they did just plain love Denis too much. Leary is by far the best part of the it.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Leary does seem like a genuinely nice guy

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

[​IMG]

7. Killick:
    Next time just pop in "No Cure for Cancer" instead. Problem solved.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

From imdb:

Saget Attacks Comic Pals For Olsen Quips

U.S. TV star Bob Saget has raced to the defence of his former Full House co-stars Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen after comedians at his recent Comedy Central Roast turned on the twins.

Saget insists some of the gags about the sisters, who shared the role of his daughter Michelle on the sitcom, were a little offensive and he was upset the former child stars were poked fun at.

At one point funnyman Jeff Ross quipped, "Mary-Kate and Ashley were supposed to be here tonight, but they heard there was food," alluding to Mary-Kate Olsen's much-publicised battle with an eating disorder.

In a press statement, angry Saget says, "Anybody who talks about my TV kids - that upsets me. I am very protective. I love them very, very much."

The roast will air in the U.S. on 17 August.

9. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Hahahaha the guy who fucked Kimmy Gibler is catching feelings because people made fun of the Olsen twins. That's great.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

If only he recognized me, Xan. If only. ...

12. I'm sorry what?

Draft saved Draft deleted