1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comedy Central Roasts: Trump on Tuesday, but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Mar 13, 2011.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

The Foxworthy roast always seemed to me like the rich parents of a socially awkward teen throwing him a birthday party with two or three of his real friends, and then secretly paying all the cool kids in his high school to attend.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Just listened to the Carolla podcast with Lampanelli and apparently Comedy Central had to go out and buy The Situation a suit too. SOB made $5 million last year.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Eddie Griffin, according to a past Carolla interview with a roaster. I think they said he went on for 30 minutes at the Pam Anderson roast and Comedy Central used about 30 seconds.

4. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Chances are, if the roaster spends most of his/her time talking about the other roasters instead of the roastee, that means they probably went last and had most of their roastee jokes stolen through the course of the evening.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The stuff they used was so bad I can't imagine how bad the rest was.

Draft saved Draft deleted