1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Come get your pardons while they're red hot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, Jul 19, 2008.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

2. nibs price

nibs price Member

TBF - huh?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I smell footwear.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Compulsive bluenose busybodies who like to bother folks who are living their own lives and minding their own business should dwell in their natural home:

www.focusonthefamily.com

If the shoe fits.

5. Gold

Gold Active Member

I believe Libby wasn't pardoned, but his sentence was commuted.

There are a lot of good stories with the pardons - people who become good members of the community after serving time.

6. My past chief counsel -- Mr. Grab-them-by-the-balls-and-their-hearts-and-minds-will-follow-Charles Colson --went from crook to founder of a prison ministry.

Some say he's a saint. I say he's pretty fucking boring now. You can't even drink in front of the guy without him going apeshit.

7. Gold

Gold Active Member

Charles Colson wasn't pardoned, deservedly so. All he did was use religion as a cover for his slimy politics.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Chuck C was emphatically NOT pardoned. He did his time.

9. I never said, nor did I imply, that Charles Colson was pardoned. Please take your liberal media bias somewhere else.

Draft saved Draft deleted