1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comcast Nationals blackout

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You are a step ahead of me. I'm not sure I understand.
    I still feel bad for yelling at the poor Comcast rep.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

MLB is apparently redoing the blackout rules for next season.
    I'm working, I'll look for a link later.

3. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

CSS is screwed up here, too. It tends to happen on Friday nights when Peachtree has the game; not sure why.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Never, ever feel bad for expressing any anger toward someone with Comcast.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

This may or may not have anything to do with your problem, but MLB's broadcast territories are insanely large. Say you live in Iowa. You have six 'home teams.' Most of those teams' games aren't really available on your local Iowa cable TV. But they're blacked out on ESPN or the MLB package.
    Blackout map
    MLB Blackout Policy

It's extremely antiquated. MLB is supposedly gonna redefine teams' broadcast territories to get rid of crap like the fact that Iowa has six home teams.

Link

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The owners will only say they're working on getting their games in those areas, but won't actually do anything.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's OK, though, because FH doesn't hold grudges or anything.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

OK, the Braves-Nats game is on tonight. Same network, same opponent. Strange.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Are no Braves' stations carrying the game?

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Braves are being shown on Comcast Sports Southeast, with the Braves PeachTree TV crew (Joe Simpson and Skip Caray) on the call.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Yes, the game's on CSS tonight. I'm not swearing at the blank TV tonight. I wonder if last night's snafu was just because someone at Comcast of Peachtree failed to flip the switch.

Glad I wasn't working last night. I love trying to explain to some dillweed that just because we have something listed in the TV log, that doesn't mean we control what's actually on.

Draft saved Draft deleted