1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist - Richmond Times-Dispatch

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigd

thebigd Member

tom such a comedian and a lousy one at that

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Steve's a good guy who has been given an impossible duty.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Thanks for the answer, Justa girl.

4. imjustagirl

You're welcome, Dick enscider.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I thought outing was against the rules.

6. No need for baseball analysis in a month or two, the R-Braves are Georgia-bound.

7. imjustagirl

And yet, Richmond is expected to get another team. But nice try.

da man, I'm pretty much outed on here. Doesn't bother me.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wow, for a big job at a big paper, this thread took the short route (on the short bus) to utter fail.

It's a good gig, even at a chain struggling as badly as Media General. Plenty of colleges, locally and regionally, and you're an easy drive from D.C. sports (their columnists will do stuff from Nationals, Wizards, Capitals and Orioles games on occasion). They lost both their long-time columnists in the last year, and a section that big and good shouldn't be without an editorial voice.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Mystery, while I hear you on the outing, bickering etc., that has come out on this thread -- seriously, guys? -- I've found that a lot of really good jobs on here don't get much talk.
    Is it because everyone's getting their resume's ready? Is it because no one wants to give out information that could help someone beside them or a close friend get the gig? Not sure.
    Either way, I saw this thread and didn't expect much comment beside Moddy and a couple others.

As for my two cents, the I've loved Richmond the few times I've been there (although what's with all the pastel), and the office was beautiful.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Which is why I let it go - those who couldn't figure it out from other threads wouldn't know if it slapped 'em upside the heads.
    But, yeah, it is against the rules. I don't think the original poster meant anything by it, figuring as most did - but still.
    Anyway, carry on.

11. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

The office is beautiful? You don't hear that said too often about a newsroom.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Architecturally speaking, it's a nice building. Inside, it's your run-of-the-mill office. The hot and cold running virgins were put on hold with the latest hiring freezes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.