1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columnist, Eugene Oregon

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Idaho, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yes, and eugene = great weed and lesbians.

which would make for a wonderful world.

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

ca
    can I add that to the reasons why I want to be a candidate for the job?

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

unionization explains why they listed such a specific salary range.

4. RFB-Boy

RFB-Boy Member

Is it still true that everyone and their mom wants to go live along the I-5 corridor? This job is going to be flooded with applicants from across the nation. Let's see, I've got three years of sporadic but award-winning columns to my credit ... and no. Good news folks, you don't have to worry about my application hiding yours for this one. I'm going to do the Shake 'n Bake thing and get more seasoning. But seriously, Eugene is exactly the hippie/yuppie mix it's made out to be, but it's a pretty nice place to spend a few years.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

they already know. why do you think they're there to begin with?

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I'm impressed. This is awful lost of knowledge about a:
    The Register-Guard, a 77,000-circulation morning daily in Eugene, Ore...

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

It's the paper in an interesting flagship college town, one of two decent-sized papers (former hometown rag is not one of them) in a modern state and a chance to write columns at reasonable pay for a family-owned paper. A lot of positives there.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

As far as quality of life goes, there are few places in this country that top Eugene.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I hear the college women want to have lots of kinky, consensual sex with people who's name is in the newspaper a lot.

10. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

This all may be true. I just didn't know.

11. slipshod

slipshod Member

Not sure about that lesbian thing, perhaps its more bisexual, but marijuana smoking is required for admittance to U of O.
    Amid the shrubs of Veneta and in the shadow of the remains of Ken Kesey's bus near Pleasant Hill, a lot of graying baby boomers are still baking what's left of their minds.

The paper, though, would seem a great place to work.
    Bellamy is a terrific, fair person who got the job after the death of his good friend John Conrad.
    Was a part-timer there eons ago, when Blaine Newnham, Kathy Henkel and Bud Withers were there. God I'm old. But it's still a very good, family-owned paper.
    They have the Olympic Track Trials next year.

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

Best friend's sister went to the U of O, and she passed the must-smoke rule.

Draft saved Draft deleted