1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Column submitted for your approval

Discussion in 'Writers' Workshop' started by RichSuburbNews, Jan 25, 2007.

1. RichSuburbNews

RichSuburbNews New Member

Jones and fotf: I appreciate the responses, and I accept the critiques with hopes of getting better. I'm hoping that with a regular mugshot, I can be a columnist instead of a guy with a column. Right now it's a lot closer to the latter.

I think a lot of it has to do with mindset. It's not even that I write a lot of stories in a week, because I also know sportswriters who write more than I who also bang out spot-on columns. But with three papers in my balliwick, I tend to look for two-for-one opportunities, which is what happened with the Gary Gaines column in the other thread. Regular story for the paper that covers that school, column for the other two papers. That's probably not a great idea, because I'm not at the stage where I can do both effectively.

I won't clog up the board unless I think it's worth the time, but thank you one and all for the help you've provided thus far.

Draft saved Draft deleted