1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Columbia Daily Tribune (Mo.) - Reporter/Agate Clerk

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by britwrit, Feb 14, 2011.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Job title: Reporter/Agate Clerk

Reporter/Agate Clerk, The Columbia Daily Tribune is seeking a part-time sports reporter/agate clerk. Writing experience required. Must be available to work nights and weekends. Must have good driving record, dependable transportation and proof of insurance. Benefits include vacation pay, sick pay and free access to company gym. Send application, writing samples and references to Columbia Daily Tribune. Attn.: HR, 101 N. 4th St., Columbia, MO 65201. An application can be obtained at the Tribune or printed at www.columbiatribune.com/jobs. EOE/Drug free Workplace.

I don't know if it's changed but basically... back in the day... this was a paid student internship. For anyone in their last year at Mizzou, worth a shot.

2. Yeah, basically, it's something you do if you're in school there.

3. Charlie_Hustle

Charlie_Hustle New Member

Agreed about the job being a good opportunity for college kids. I got started doing this sort of work for a paper as a sophomore in college, and after a few months I was covering games a few nights a week as well. College kids at Mizzou could use it as a way to get a foot in the door and eventually convince someone to start giving you story assignments. In the meantime, it's good for making a little bit of beer money.

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

It seems weird to post it on JJobs. Save the posting fee and have the journalism school advertise the opening.

5. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

The Tribune isn't the J-school's paper. That's the Missourian.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I know that. But there are plenty of candidates right in town.

Draft saved Draft deleted