1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colorado trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ChollyTrippi, Apr 20, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I have family in Boulder ... about 45ish minutes from Denver ... and I fall in love with the city every time I go there. Great people and a great place to stay and kill some time. Even if it's for a day, you'll find plenty of things to do.

Make sure to check out Pearl Street if you do.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just don't make the trip to South Park... My wife is from Denver and when we were there about nine years ago and the show was exploding, I made her go with me to South Park so we could get our pictures taken in front of the sign.

If memory serves, it was four hours from Denver...

BTW, go to Red Rocks... I don't care if it's Steelheart opening for Winger, go see a concert at Red Rocks...

3. ChollyTrippi

ChollyTrippi New Member

"Steelheart opening for Winger ..."
    I've been laughing at that for the past 10 minutes.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Winger is actually from Golden... I'm sure they're proud...

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Take the longer drive to Fort Collins and go to the New Belgium Brewery. Better beer.

6. MileHigh

Lots to do in Boulder -- once dubbed "Between the mountains and reality" -- with tons of hiking and biking trails nearby. Boulder Creek will be flowing nicely in July to go inner tubing.

And I also whole heartedly endorse going to Red Rocks. You will not be disappointed.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You kidding me? BYH would fucking crawl to Red Rocks to see that show!

Underrated area is in southwest Colorado, if you get a chance to see it. I stayed a couple of days in Durango when I lived out west, and it was fabulous if you like outdoorsy shit. Rode my mountain bike to the top of Durango City Mountain (seven miles, ugh), but the view was so outstanding. You can see like a dozen 13,000-foot peaks from there. Fantastic. And the ride back was fun. Also, Ouray and Silverton and Telluride are down in that area, plus Mesa Verde National Park near Cortez.

8. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Bo-ring. with crappy beer. You want the brewery tour, go to Ft. Collins and do the New Belgium Brewery. And then get schnockered (sp?) on Fat Tire afterward.

Much simpler tour, closer to the actual process, better people, far better beer.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I did the Coors tour when I was in Golden for a friend's wedding. We ended up sitting there making Zima jokes for most of the day. And Blue Moon, awful Coors swill, is brewed there. It was fun since I was in town, but I wouldn't go out of my way to take the tour again.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Great.

Now I'll be singing, "I'll neeeeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrr leeeeeeetttttttttt yoooooooouuuuuuuuu gggggggggggooooooooooo" for the next hour.

bastards.

bastards all.

11. MileHigh

Absolutely. Hard to get to, but well worth it. Been going down there for 30-plus years (lots of family down there) and it's awesome with more stuff to do than one would think.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Been to Wolf Creek......Pagosa Springs is one of the most beautiful little villages in the world.

Draft saved Draft deleted