1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colorado trip

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ChollyTrippi, Apr 20, 2007.

1. ChollyTrippi

ChollyTrippi New Member

I'm thinking about taking a trip out to Colorado for a honeymoon in July. We're looking primarily at renting a mountain cabin somewhere in the Denver area (within an hour or two drive) and then maybe staying a couple nights in Denver. Never been there or anywhere near it. I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Stay in Dillon or Frisco, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Breckenridge or Vail.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

If you're driving through Kansas, stop at Cousin Eddie's house in Coolidge, KS.......yeah, it's a bit out of the way.......

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Better yet, just avoid Kansas altogether... :)

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

6. ChollyTrippi

ChollyTrippi New Member

We'll be flying in to Denver (most likely) and then renting a car. We'll be out there at least a week, or until the money runs out, whatever comes first.
    Thanks for the responses so far. I'm looking forward to doing some whitewater rafting while I'm out there if anybody has a favorite river/outfitter.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You've made a wise choice.

Frisco or Dillon are fine places to stay and, yes, less expensive than Breck and Vail (what isn't?). Winter Park is very nice to stay at, too. There are cabins all over the mountains for you to rent, as well.

There are river runners out of Dillon, but the best in the state is further south on the Arkansas. Going through the Royal Gorge is fantastic. The best time for rafting is Memorial Day, though it looks like it might be a bit earlier this year.

There are thousands of miles of hiking and biking trails. I don't know what all you want to do besides the rafting, so you can PM me with specific questions.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

"Casa Bo-nita! Casa Bo-nita!"

[​IMG]

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That Cadet is a South Park fan will make the single men of SportsJournalists.com heart her even more.

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Oh, I'm every guy's dream. But only one can put up with me. ;)

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Quite true.

12. ralph wiggum

ralph wiggum Member

Make sure you go to Golden for the Coors brewery tour

Draft saved Draft deleted